Monday, October 14, 2013

Digital Footprints #hashtag

I got my first e-mail address on May 16, 1997. I used it through high school and college until I finally got my current Gmail account. I recently tried to delete the account and was unsuccessful. I signed in and searched but could not find instructions about how to delete the account. So, somewhere on the internet, there is a Juno e-mail address with an embarrassing username that will send e-mails to me (for the next sixty days until the account goes inactive again). 

So I started searching for what other items I have left hanging around the internet. I found a Yahoo! account and deleted that. I found my webpage and I'm working on deleting that. I found my LiveJournal account and I am saving a personal copy of that and then deleting the account. It is just a matter of going out there and making that digital footprint a little smaller.

If you are interested in searching for someone, check into Spokeo or Pipl. It is also good for finding out accounts that you might still have floating around.

No comments:

Post a Comment